[EventCalendar] Re: EventCalendar Digest, Vol 52, Issue 4

Rick Ankrum texbiker at texbiker.net
Wed Mar 3 15:43:02 UTC 2010

On 3/3/2010 6:00 AM, eventcalendar-request at firetree.net wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:29:21 +0100
> From: David Perriard<perri at ggs.ch>
> Subject: [EventCalendar] Problem with Listing Widget
> To: eventcalendar at firetree.net
>
> Hey folks
>
> I've got a problem with the "Upcoming Event" widget, the one, that lists the
> events in chronological upcoming order.
> I have to keep "events are normal posts" because otherwise the tags won't
> work. But doing this, only the events show up, which were posted last. I
> mean: when i put the limit on 12 events in the widget, only the 12 last
> posted events show. in the right order, but leaving out all events that were
> posted too early.
> My question is now: Is is possible to rewrite the widget in order to show
> events up to a certain date (or lets say 2 months or s.th like that), and
> not a fixed limit of events. i'm not soo much into php, but if you would
> tell me where in the widget code i have to change what, i would be glad.
> doesn't have to be a nice looking solution, i don't care if i have to go
> back to the code to change the number of months or whatever.
>
> David
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 20:49:02 +0100
> From: Remco Bron<remco.bron at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [EventCalendar] Problem with Listing Widget
> To: Support for EventCalendar plugin<eventcalendar at firetree.net>
>
> Hi dave,
>
> Just wanted to second your question. I have the same problem. It's a bug in
> the current version from what I understand - but I'm sure there must be some
> people who hacked their way around it.
>
> Can anyone elighten us?
>
> Thanks,
> Remco

I do not have any of the problems you are encountering. You can visit my
website to see both the upcoming events widget working in the right
inside sidebar. Further down is a link to the upcoming events in the
next 45 days using this link: http://www.texbiker.net/blog/?ec3_days=45

I would suggest you try the default theme to see if your theme is
causing a problem. Plugins can also interfer so you should try turning
them off and starting them back one by one.
Rick

--
       Rick Ankrum