[EventCalendar] RE: RE: Calling events by category (RH)

A Jesse Jiryu Davis ajdavis at cs.oberlin.edu
Mon Mar 1 16:10:12 UTC 2010

Dear Samuel Clemance, RH, and other readers,

I have essentially the same question as RH, but I couldn't figure out
Samuel Clemance's answer, forgive me.  I've set up a test case online
so I can, I hope, get an answer I can understand to a common question,
for my sake and for all readers'.

Here I have a WordPress site with EC3 installed:

         http://vermino.us/wordpress/

I've added this line to index.php:

        <?php ec3_get_events('40 days'); ?>

As you can see, I have 3 events.  Events One and Three I'm considering
"special" events that I want to show up on the home page so visitors
will know about them, but Event Two I'm considering a "regular" event
that I do *not* want to show up on the home page.  Because visitors
will usually know about regular events like Event Two, I want it to
appear on the calendar, but *NOT* on the home page.

MY QUESTION: How can I call ec3_get_events() to show special events,
but not regular events?

I've created two subcategories of 'event', called 'regularevent' and
'specialevent', to distinguish between them.  I've also tagged the
posts either 'regularevent' or 'specialevent'.  I hope that using
either a category or a tag, I can make ec3_get_events() list only
special events.

This question arose as I set up http://villagezendo.org/.  I want to
add regular events (meditation 6 days a week, talks on Buddhism twice
a week) to the calendar without swamping the event listing on the home
page.  I appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Jesse