[EventCalendar] Re: EventCalendar Digest, Vol 39, Issue 70

nevin kramer nevin at nevindesign.com
Wed Jan 28 18:36:20 UTC 2009


i had the same event list positioning issue with the theme i am using. 
just change the left margin in ec3.css. there's nothing wrong with the 
event calendar.. just depends on what theme you are using, and how 
they've done their css & coding. also, with the theme i'm using (a dark 
theme) i had to play with the colors in the big calendar a good bit.

/***
 ***  Event list
 ***/

.ec3_list {
* margin-left:-12px;*
 word-spacing:-1px;
 letter-spacing:-0.2px;
 color:#800;
}

1st posting to list. love the calendar. this is truly a great 
integration of a real calendar into your site, has all the components. 
easy to create events, small calendar, list of upcoming events, and the 
ability to show a big calendar.

eventcalendar-request at firetree.net wrote:
> Send EventCalendar mailing list submissions to
> 	eventcalendar at firetree.net
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	http://penguin.firetree.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/eventcalendar
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	eventcalendar-request at firetree.net
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	eventcalendar-owner at firetree.net
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of EventCalendar digest..."
>   
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Calendar Position in My Sidebar (Jack Maton)
>    2. Re: Calendar Position in My Sidebar (Alex Tingle)
>    3. Re: Widget not respecting Event category setting (Ed Dowding)
>   
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject:
> Re: [EventCalendar] Calendar Position in My Sidebar
> From:
> "Jack Maton" <sonnymhsd at embarqmail.com>
> Date:
> Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:44:10 -0500
> To:
> "Support for EventCalendar plugin" <eventcalendar at firetree.net>
>
> To:
> "Support for EventCalendar plugin" <eventcalendar at firetree.net>
>
>
> In the Theme sidebar template.  Just use <center> and </center> to 
> correct it.  I had the same problem. This should correct it.  If not, 
> it could be that your sidebar is not wide enough to handle it correctly.
> J Maton
>
>     ----- Original Message -----
>     *From:* Rick Ankrum <mailto:texbiker at texbiker.net>
>     *To:* eventcalendar at firetree.net <mailto:eventcalendar at firetree.net>
>     *Sent:* Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:21 PM
>     *Subject:* [EventCalendar] Calendar Position in My Sidebar
>
>     Great plugin!
>
>     I recently noticed that the event calendar is not centered in my
>     left sidebar. The upcoming events listing is leaning to the left
>     while the calendars are leaning to the right. I have looked at my
>     theme and have not found anything that is obvious. I changed to
>     the default theme and have the same problem. I looked at the
>     EC.css file but cannot find anything that is obvious.
>
>     You can see the problem here www.texbiker.net/blog/
>     <http://www.texbiker.net/blog/>
>
>     Where should I look to get this centered?
>     WP 2.7
>     EC 3.2..2 beta
>
>     Thanks for any help.
>     Rick
>
>     -- 
>     /o-----------------------------------------o\
>        Rick Ankrum
>        www.texbiker.net <http://www.texbiker.net>
>        Texas Bicycling Information & More
>     /o-----------------------------------------o\
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     _______________________________________________
>     Blog: http://wpcal.firetree.net/
>     EventCalendar at firetree.net mailing list
>     Unsubscribe: http://penguin.firetree.net/eventcalendar
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>     No virus found in this incoming message.
>     Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
>     Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.14/1920 - Release Date:
>     1/27/2009 6:15 PM
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject:
> Re: [EventCalendar] Calendar Position in My Sidebar
> From:
> Alex Tingle <alex at firetree.net>
> Date:
> Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:27:30 +0000
> To:
> Support for EventCalendar plugin <eventcalendar at firetree.net>
>
> To:
> Support for EventCalendar plugin <eventcalendar at firetree.net>
>
>
> Rick Ankrum wrote:
>   
>> eventcalendar at firetree.net Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:21 PM Subject:
>> [EventCalendar] Calendar Position in My Sidebar
>>
>>
>> Great plugin!
>>
>> I recently noticed that the event calendar is not centered in my left
>> sidebar. The upcoming events listing is leaning to the left while the
>> calendars are leaning to the right. I have looked at my theme and have not
>> found anything that is obvious. I changed to the default theme and have the
>> same problem.
>>     
>
> It looks to me like your theme is broken. It looks fine in the default theme
> to me. Anyone else have problems?
>
>
> Jack Maton wrote:
>   
>> In the Theme sidebar template.  Just use <center> and </center> to correct
>> it.  I had the same problem. This should correct it.  If not, it could be
>> that your sidebar is not wide enough to handle it correctly. J Maton
>>     
>
> Don't use the <center> tag, the XHTML police will hunt you down...
>
> You can troubleshoot your CSS problems in Firefox with the Firebug extension.
> That's probably the place to start.
>
> Let me know how you get on.
>
> -Alex
>
>
>   
>> I looked at the EC.css file but cannot find anything that is
>> obvious.
>>     
>
> I don't think it's ec3.css, that doesn't do anything to place widgets on the
> page. It's more likely your theme.
>
> -Alex
>
>   
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject:
> Re: [EventCalendar] Widget not respecting Event category setting
> From:
> Ed Dowding <eddowding at googlemail.com>
> Date:
> Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:34:46 +0100
> To:
> Support for EventCalendar plugin <eventcalendar at firetree.net>
>
> To:
> Support for EventCalendar plugin <eventcalendar at firetree.net>
>
>
> Thanks, Alex. Sorry somehow this mail ended up in my spam :(
>
> Yes, I'm trying to select only a subset of events. The categories
> aren't going to change - can I edit the widget sql?
>
>
>
>
> DID YOU GET EVERYTHING DONE TODAY?
> Smart, dedicated, and resourceful graduates
> who can help you do more with your time
> www.onlinepersonalassistant.com
>
> Stuck for ideas? www.twitter.com/onlinepa
>
>
> Ed Dowding
> me at eddowding.com
> +44 (0)207 193 2999
> +44 (0)7775 79 18 14
> Skype: eddowding
> Twitter: eddowding
>
>
>
>
> 2009/1/23 Alex Tingle <alex at firetree.net>:
>   
>> Ed Dowding wrote:
>>     
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I've just downloaded and installed the b2 hoping that it was fix a
>>> problem I've noticed only today (great timing!) on a site I'm
>>> developing.
>>>
>>> I've set the event category to be a category called "calendar", yet it
>>> seems to be pulling out the next five events (with a date) from any
>>> category. Eg on
>>> http://new.classictravelling.com (right column) the event on February
>>> 28, 2009 is not in the "calendar" category.
>>>       
>> Event posts are BY DEFINITION in the event category. The edit post page should
>> put the post into the event category when you add a scheduled event to it.
>>
>> If that's not happening, then you've found a bug.
>>
>> I suppose things might get confused if you change which category is used for
>> events AFTER you've already made some events - nothing goes and reassigns old
>> event posts to the new category.
>>
>> TBH, the event category is a bit of a holdover from previous versions. There's
>> almost no need for it any more. The calendar and upcoming events widgets
>> actually ignore the category and just list all events, so even if things do
>> get messed up and you somehow have event posts that are not in the event cat -
>> everything will still work as intended.
>>
>> It sounds like you want a calendar that only shows a sub-set of the events
>> that are in the system. Sorry, but the current widget doesn't support that.
>> I'll see if I can add some hooks that would make it easier to add extra query
>> params, but don't hold your breath.
>>
>> -Alex
>>
>>     
>>> Am I missing something?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Ed
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> DID YOU GET EVERYTHING DONE TODAY?
>>> Smart, dedicated, and resourceful graduates
>>> who can help you do more with your time
>>> www.onlinepersonalassistant.com
>>>
>>> Stuck for ideas? www.twitter.com/onlinepa
>>>
>>>
>>> Ed Dowding
>>> me at eddowding.com
>>> +44 (0)207 193 2999
>>> +44 (0)7775 79 18 14
>>> Skype: eddowding
>>> Twitter: eddowding
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Blog: http://wpcal.firetree.net/
>>> EventCalendar at firetree.net mailing list
>>> Unsubscribe: http://penguin.firetree.net/eventcalendar
>>>       
>> --
>> :: Let me solve your problems: http://www.firetree.net/alex/
>> :: alex.tingle AT firetree.net  +44-7901-552763
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Blog: http://wpcal.firetree.net/
>> EventCalendar at firetree.net mailing list
>> Unsubscribe: http://penguin.firetree.net/eventcalendar
>>
>>
>>     
>
>
>   
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> EventCalendar mailing list
> EventCalendar at firetree.net
> http://penguin.firetree.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/eventcalendar
>   
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://penguin.firetree.net/pipermail/eventcalendar/attachments/20090128/28c17dea/attachment.html


More information about the EventCalendar mailing list