[EventCalendar] Keeping events separate & showing events on front page

karl kolk karlkolk at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 24 20:51:49 UTC 2009

Hi all,

i started using eventcalendar in mid november '06 making use of a bug
in version 3.1.rc4 that showed the events on the front page even when
using the keep events separate option.

i recently upgraded the site to wp2.7 and the latest dev.ver. of ec3.2.
it is an online mag just posting concerts and exhibitions in hamburg
germany that too
often fly under ones radar. basically every post is an event.
the front page should display events in posting order and in the
sidebar the next 4
upcoming events should be shown chronologically.

i have set the option to keep events separate and managed to get the
desired content
on the front page. my loop starts like this:

	<?php if (have_posts()) : ?>

	<?php query_posts('ec3_listing=disable'); ?>

		<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); if (is_home()) ?>

unluckily all archives (archive-, category and 'next posts'-pages) are
empty,
even if i start the archive.php the same way as the index one.
from what i understand from the mailing-list discussions this is
somewhat intended
by alex but not what i want.

i'd like to have event specific queries to behave like i have set
'keep events separate'
but the rest of the wordpress (post-pages) should behave like i haven't.

if someone likes to help, but doesn't get my english-kauderwelsh
('gibberish'), you might
find it helpful to have a look @ the site: http://www.elbeseiten.org

hints anyone?

brainbroken
karl

PS: thx alex for implementing the 'iconlets' - the 2 years wait was
all worth it.
	the plugin totally rocks our site.