[EventCalendar] Change formatting of ec3_the_schedule

Justin Kramp justin.kramp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 06:13:29 UTC 2009

Greetings all.

I've looked through the archives and Google--and although I think I know the
answer always worth throwing out there.

I'd like to display the output of ec3_the_schedule differently depending on
the page I'm on. e.g. on my homepage, I just want to show "29-Jun - 9:00pm"
and on the actual event page, show "Sunday, June 29 starting at 9:00pm"

Short of writing some newfangled query is the ability to do this level of
formatting directly within existing ec3 functions? Or should I start hacking
away?

I've tried running the output of ec3_the_schedule through PHP's date()
function to no avail, but certainly possible I'm doing it wrong.

Thanks in advance!