[EventCalendar] Re: Custom fields such as a location

Jane Davies - aSplash.com Ltd jane at asplash.com
Thu Aug 20 13:35:44 UTC 2009

Hi Jonathan,

I use the Custom Field Template Plugin to add e-mail, location and name
fields etc to event calendar.

Jane
> Sounds great :-)
>
> Actually I'm not yet at the point of customizing my template, but
> already in the admin panel, when I create a new post, an event only
> has a "start" and "end" for the date, and a "All day" tick box. I
> don't see any location or geo field. Do I need to activate this
> somewhere ? At least I didn't find anything in the configuration
> panel. A configuration file to edit somewhere ?
>
> Thanks for the precious help !!!
>
> It looks like a really great plug-in, does exactly what we need !
>
> Regards, Jonathan
>

>> EC3 supports both location and geo custom fields.  It is up to you
>> to add
>> that info to your templates.  At current there is no way to support
>> more
>> than one location field because all of the calendars that I know of
>> that use
>> the ical format support only one field.  The only way around that is
>> to make
>> duplicate posts and give each a different location.
>>
>>> Hi everyone !
>>>
>>> I'm working on a project where contemporain dansers can publish
>>> videos  of
>>> their latest performance and publish the dates when and where they
>>> are
>>> performing. Since I want to be able to display it in a calendar,  and
>>> order them by upcoming events, and since a piece (which will be a
>>> wordpress post) can be performed several times, eventcalendar   looks
>>>  like
>>> a great option !
>>>
>>> However, a piece can be performed in several locations, therefor I
>>> would
>>> like for each date to be able to specify in which location it  will
>>> take
>>> place.
>>>
>>> I found this workaround :
>>> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/176537?replies=1#post-760184
>>>
>>> But it didn't work with the latest version of the plug-in.
>>>
>>> Is there anyway to get some custom fields for an event ? Or at
>>> least a
>>> text box ?
>>>
>>> Any suggestion ?
>>>
>>> Regards, Jonathan Bigler

_____________________________
Jane Davies
www.aSplash.com Ltd 4915139
0845 397 1550
E-Mail Jane at aSplash.com
Post: Jane Davies
5 Wellfield
Lady Road
Llechryd
Cardigan
Ceredigion SA43 2PY

Company reg. aSplash.com ltd number 4915139
Co Address: Creative Mwldan Creadigidol.Clos y Bath
House.Cardigan.Ceredigion.SA43 1JD