[EventCalendar] Sort posts by event date...

David Garlitz dgarlitz at wesleyan.edu
Fri Feb 22 07:59:36 UTC 2008

OK, I've found the answer! In case anyone is in the same boat as me,
i.e. trying to set up a feed/category page/or other more elaborate
post output than the one you get with ec3_get_events, the key is in
the options panel option "Keep Events Separate." If you have selected
"Events are Normal Posts," then they will be sorted according to post
order. Change this to "Keep Events Separate," and a simple query to
ec3_after=today will bring up posts in the order of the post date.

This distinction was not intuitively clear to me! I assumed that
"Keep Events Separate" meant that they would only be displayed in the
calendar or events list! It never occurred to me that it would also
influence the sort order of the posts in other outputs! Something to
include in the README, or perhaps to add to the admin interface (i.e.
"Keep Events Separate (always sort by event date)")

Anyway, I'm glad to have found the solution, even if now I am kicking
myself for how long it took to figure it out! Hopefully this posting
to the mailing list will help others as well...

Dave