[EventCalendar] FW: Show events on HTML homepage

Sara Cormeny scormeny at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 18:29:15 UTC 2007

Eek, I'm immediately out of my programming depth here.

You're right, the Bolt site is entirely in Wordpress -- I re-draft I
did recently for my client, who like you had previously had a part-
static and part wordpress-run site.  The design came from another
graphic designer, and I adapted it for the wordpress site, and now
he's managing the design of the site and the client is managing the
content.  It's a solution which I'm pretty proud of -- and grateful
that wordpress is so easy to manage that even a graphic designer and
a fabric store owner can figure it out (;^).

But, enough about me.

I'm not sure if it will work for you, but if you convert your static
html front page to php (which is easy on most servers -- just rename
it "index.php" and make sure all your links to it are edited to
reflect the change; test this before going a head.), then maybe a php
script like wpget may work for you.

http://peter.hybridweb.co.uk/projects/wpget

It may not be able to do exactly what ec3_get_events can do, but it
may do enough to satisfy the case at hand, and provide future
incentive to convert the entire site to wordpress (which, once you've
got the hang of wordpress, is pretty easy, imho).

I did a search in google on "wordpress content on non-wordpress
pages" to get that link, so you might try that search for additional
potentially fruitful stuff to try.

Good luck!

-Sara

Sara Cormeny, web designer
1718 M St NW * #123 * Washington DC  20036

202-462-4954 * fax 202-478-0385
sara at paperlantern.com

www.paperlantern.com