[EventCalendar] Returning current view in calendar

Jay Packer toxostoma at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 14:38:31 UTC 2007

Hi, I'm trying to implement the event calendar in Wordpress which I'm using
as a CMS (not just a standard blog).

I'm trying to figure out how to write a little PHP code that can tell me
where I am (what dates I'm viewing) within the calendar.

In pseudocode, I'm essentially wanting to do this:

if (we're looking at an entire month) {

            print 'Calendar - Events in April 2007'

} else if (we're looking at a specific day) {

            print 'Calendar - Events on April 3, 2007

} else {

            print 'Calendar - Upcoming Events

}

There are probably other things I'll want to do with this besides just
printing out the date, but first I've got to know how to figure out where I
am. I thought about analyze the query string that gets pass through to the
calendar, but it didn't seem to be consistent and I wasn't sure about the
best way to achieve this.

Can anyone provide any insight?

Thanks.

Jay